London Web Design Agency
London’s #1 Website Design Agency
No matter what type of business you are starting, the importance of having a website to advertise your products or services and communicate with potential customers is essential in 2019. With that in mind here are some top web design tips for new businesses:
1. Make website loading speed a top priority. Today’s consumers are more impatient than ever and if your site takes a long time to load, you increase the likelihood of visitors clicking the back button and visiting one of your competitors instead. To increase site loading speed you need to make sure you choose a top-rated web hosting provider. In addition, you might have to remove any design elements that are very large in size and thus slow down a site’s loading time.
2. Use a sensible font face. While cool new font styles can make your website look ultra futuristic and appealing at a glance, they are often very difficult to read. Visitors to your website are sure to get frustrated if they have to strain their eyes to make out the text. Product or services descriptions, in particular, need to be easy to read.
3. Ensure your website is optimised for mobile browsers. Over 50% of all internet users now use smartphones or tablets as their main browsing devices as opposed to desktops and laptops. This means you need to ensure that your business website is compatible with mobile browsers. The best way to ensure your website is optimised for mobile is to use a professional responsive web design theme. You can then be sure that your website will look good no matter what sized screen a visitor is using.
4. Use interactive multimedia. A static website featuring only text and images is unlikely to make your business stand out from the crowd. Adding videos, 360-degree images, flowcharts, interactive slideshows and other devices to make your website multimedia rich is something every new business needs to think about.
5. Implement all of the latest best practices when it comes to on-page SEO. Having an exceptionally designed business website is no use at all if nobody knows it exists. Online search engines are one of the best sources of traffic on the web, so you need to use the latest on-page SEO strategies to ensure your website has good visibility on SERPs.
6. Don’t leave alt tags blank. The alt HTML attribute is added to image tags in order to provide information about an image to search engines and to website visitors who are sight impaired. Using alt tags for all photos of your business’s services or products can significantly improve a website’s rankings on SERP for lucrative keywords.
7. Take site secure seriously. You want to make sure you are using the latest SSL encryption protocols. Online users now want to be sure that all data is sent via an encrypted connection to protect their privacy from hackers. What’s more, Google is now punishing websites in rankings if they don’t use the latest HTTPS protocols.